First Day of My New Life

On September 4th, I arrived in Italy at the Bergamo Orio al Serio Aiport, after a long lay over in Munich. I was originally scheduled for a seven hour layover, but six hours into my layover, I decided to check my flight status,  only to see that it said "Flight Canceled!" I went up to the Lufthansa service desk and was given a flight the morning after and a hotel nearby. The next day, I had the most amazing flight ever from Munich to Bergamo. The flight was at 6:30 in the morning, so I got to watch the sunrise on the airplane on a foggy morning over the Alps. If it wasn't for my flight being cancelled, I never would have had the wonderful experience arriving in my host country with such a lovely welcoming! When I landed in Italy, we flew past Lake Iseo (One of the lakes in the Italian Lake District) and the Italian Alps. I got off the plane, gathered my bags, and confidently walked out the doors to be greeted by my host family. They were speaking very fast Italian to me, which I probably understood 5% of what they were saying... We got in the car and drove to Crema. We drove past the famous Santa Maria Della Croce Basilica and my future school, Liceo Linguistico Racchetti, and then arrived at their home and unpacked. After unpacking, I was introduced to their neighbor, Flippo, who showed me around Crema with his friend Lucca. We biked through the city center and got gelato at the end.  It was a very long day, but an amazing day!

The sunrise over Munich

Descending into Bergamo, with a view of Lake Iseo

A view of Bergamo Alte on the hill in the distance

My two host brothers, Michi (4) and Tommi (6) being cute

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Weeks Before Exchange

About Me