Two Weeks Before Exchange

The day I have been looking forward to for a long time now, is only less than two weeks away! On September 2nd, 2017 I will be leaving Fort Collins, Colorado to go to Crema, Italy for an entire year through Rotary International. Being that it is only two weeks away, I'm still not in the mindset of leaving yet, as I am currently more focused on worrying about taking the SAT before I leave and learning Italian through Rosetta Stone. On my year abroad, I will be staying with three different host families and attending an Italian language high school (Liceo Linguistico) where I will have to come out of my comfort zone and make new friends. For the past few weeks now, I have been in contact with some of the other exchange students going to Italy via Whatsapp and Snapchat. All of us are bonding over what we are most apprehensive about in regards to spending a whole year in Italy. Here's what we are all mostly nervous about...


  • Speaking Italian, and only Italian
  • Leaving our friends and family behind
  • Meeting our host families
  • Making new friends
  • Going to an Italian high school
  • Homesickness
  • And my favorite, eating too much lovely Italian food and gaining too much weight  
Although we are all very nervous about all these things, I am also looking forward to experiencing them as well (except for the last one.) With only two weeks left, I have so much to look forward to, like...
  • Living in a whole new country with a whole new life
  • Seeing how I mature over the next ten months
  • Trying Italian food, just not too much of it 😂
  • Being done with American high school
  • Becoming fluent in Italian by the time I come back from exchange
  • Living with my host families
  • Seeing how different the Italian lifestyle is 
  • Traveling around Europe at the end of my trip


Image result for crema italy
Crema, Italy

Here's Crema on a map



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of My New Life

About Me